As promised here is the Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe with Yoghurt and Olive Oil you voted you wanted to see next!
This is another recipe I made to use up this enormous zucchini I got from my grandma’s garden. Maybe you remember my Zucchini Corn Muffins from the last post?
Very moist and with indulgend chocolate bits throughout the bread this is every chocolate lovers fantasy! Nobody would ever think that there are three (!!) cups of zucchini inside!
I did also freeze some slices of the cake and liked it still but it is best eaten fresh.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread with Yoghurt and Olive Oil
A very moist and flavorful chocolate bread that uses up a whole lot of your zucchini harvest!
Author: Kathrin @ ginger, lemon & spice
Recipe type: Cake
Serves: 20 slices
- 2 eggs
- 270 g (1 cup) sugar
- 190 g (1½ cups) flour
- 25 g (1/3 cup) cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 80 g (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 120 g (1/2 cup) plain yoghurt (I used 3,5 % fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 440 g (3 cups) zucchini (finely grated and water pressed out)
- 130 g (1 cup) dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (350°F). Butter and flour a big loaf tin (or two smaller ones).
- In a large bowl mix eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes until pale, fluffy and very creamy.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt at once and mix on slow speed until incorporated.
- Then pour in olive oil, yoghurt and vanilla and mix through.
- Fold in zucchini and chocolate.
- Pour your mixture into your loaf tin(s) and bake for 65 minutes. Check if the chocolate bread is ready by inserting a wooden skewer. If there is still wet dough on the skewer leave it in the oven for longer. (mine needed 20 minutes more when baked in one loaf tin)