Today I have a yummy salad recipe for you! Kısır is a Turkish bulgur salad packed with tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and lots of herbs! It is very refreshing any delicious!
I have lots to do today, so I’m a little short about words 😉 Just look at all the yummy pictures and then run to the kitchen and make this yummy salad! That’s what I’ll do at least, as I am invited to a goodbye party this evening and I will make this salad again for tonight.
It is very delicious, with all the herbs and exotic flavors and healthy as well! it keeps in the fridge for several days, so why not make this ahead and eat throughout the week?
It is great mixed with lettuce leaves too – I didn’t even need aditional dressing, the bulgur itself has enough flavor!
And if you want to read more about Turkey don’t forget to look for the other posts of this series below after the recipe!
Have you been to Turkey yourself? Have you enjoyed Turkish food? Do you have any questions about the country or the people? Just leave me a comment below! 🙂
- 200g fine bulgur (köftelik bulgur - in Turkish Shops)
- 200ml boiling water
- 5 green onions
- 2 pointed peppers
- 1 red onion
- 10 small tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 2 handfull fresh herbs (parsley, dill, mint)
- 1 tablespoons salca (red pepper paste - in Turkish Shops)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Juice of one lemon
- 5 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (in Turkish Shops)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of chili (pul biber spice)
- optional: lettuce hearts
- Put the bulgur into a big bowl and pour the hot water on top. Put a lid (or a big enough plate) on top to seal and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop onions, pepper, tomatoes and cucumber into small cubes. Chop herbs very finely. Set aside
- Mix bulgur with salca, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and pomegranate syrup very well. Put the vegetables and herbs in and mix.
- For serving you can leave the salad in the bowl and decorate with tomatoes and parsley or you can arrange the salad on lettuce leaves!
Here are the other recipes I shared during this series:
Appetizer – Sigara Böreği
Main Dish – Köfte, Cacık & Pirinç Pilavı
Dessert – Künefe
Drink – Ayran
Pastry – Kurabiye
Snack/Fast Food – Lahmacun
Guest Post – Acılı Ezme